So Why Give Away
Free Woodworking Plans?
Giving away free woodworking plans seems contrary to my job creating drawings in a commercial cabinet shop. Due to the highly custom nature of these woodworking projects, it's rare that a design created for one customer is ever suitable for another. Countless hours and dollars are spent on a drawing that usually gets discarded or filed away and forgotten after only one or two uses.
I wouldn't throw away a brand new table saw or a quality hand tool, but what could I do about all of these valuable designs going to waste?
First of all, I could plan the projects such that the designs are much more suitable for reuse. In the shop we get in a hurry to push jobs through production and we don't take the time to make the design reusable or configurable. My goal is to include elements in every design that allow for rapid customization and multiple configurations.
Secondly, I could share the designs. Give away free woodworking plans! I can't give away the actual woodworking drawings from my job. They belong to the company or the customer who paid for them. In addition, those designs generally aren't suitable for reuse. So the plans you will find here are original, created from scratch to share with you.
What To Expect
Keep in mind that since I'm coming from a commercial cabinet background, the plans tend to be more shop drawings than project instructions. They assume a modest level of skill reading prints and working with tools and wood. Even so, I'll try to include projects that are very basic as well as those that are much more complex.
If you are new to woodworking, I encourage you to find someone who is willing to share their knowledge and experience with you. For those of you who are seasoned pros, I endeavor to earn your respect. To everyone, I welcome and encourage your feedback.
The greatest lessons I can hope to learn about designing cabinets and furniture don't come from books or drawing instructors. They come from you folks out in the shop. With that, I hope these free woodworking plans find as much use in your shop as that brand new table saw or your favorite hand tool.
- Free Kitchen Cabinet Plans
- View or download free kitchen cabinet plans. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Woodworking Projects For The Kitchen
- View or download plans for woodworking projects for the kitchen. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Woodworking Projects For Kids
- View or download plans for woodworking projects for kids. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Free Furniture Plans
- View or download free furniture plans. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Outdoor Woodworking Designs
- View or download plans for outdoor woodworking designs. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Miscellaneous Free Woodworking Projects
- View or download plans for miscellaneous free woodworking projects. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Small Woodworking Projects
- View or download plans for small woodworking projects. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Woodshop Projects
- View or download free plans for woodshop projects. Drawings and cutting lists in PDF format.
- Free Woodworking Patterns
- Download or view free woodworking patterns. Includes PDF, DXF (AutoCAD), AI (Adobe Illustrator), and JPG file formats.
- Wood Routers Videos
- Videos demonstrating various techniques for using wood routers.
- Woodworking Videos
- A collection of my favorite instructional woodworking videos.
- Woodworking Hardware
- Woodworking hardware for the projects found on Totally Free Woodworking Plans.
- Woodworking Tips and FAQ's
- Woodworking tips, techniques, and answers to the most frequently asked questions about Totally Free Woodworking Plans.
- Free Woodworking Plans Blog
- The Free Woodworking Plans Blog keeps you up-to-date with the newest project plans, the latest tips, and additions to my favorite woodworking videos.
- Contact me at totally-free-woodworking-plans.com
- Totally Free Woodworking Plans Site Index
- Site Index For Totally Free Woodworking Plans